RBS 6 Nations have announced that the France vs Ireland match, which was postponed at the weekend due to an unsafe frozen pitch, has been rescheduled for Sunday 4th March.
The have also announced that French and Irish fans who cannot make this new date will receive a full refund for their match tickets.
We can’t help but feel sorry for all those fans that made the trip to France only to find out at the last minute it was cancelled, but player safety is the primary concern. It’s understandable, but it would have been better planning if they made the decision sooner.
Read on for the full press release which explains how you can get a refund on your tickets.
Refunding of France v Ireland Match Tickets
Issued on behalf of The Irish Rugby Football Union
The Irish Rugby Football Union has today announced that it has reached agreement with the French Rugby Federation for the refunding of the face value cost of match tickets for the postponed France versus Ireland RBS 6 Nations Championship Match on Saturday, February 11.
The process for seeking a refund is as follows:
• The French Rugby Federation (FFR) has agreed to a closing date of Thursday, 23nd February for the return and refunding of the full match ticket price.
• In order to achieve this deadline, all tickets must be received by 5.00pm, Tuesday 21st February within Ireland.
• Tickets that were purchased through a provincial club or www.irishrugby.ie can be returned to any of the provincial branch offices in Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster or to the IRFU head office at 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
• The IRFU will then coordinate the return of the tickets to the French Rugby Federation and follow through on securing the refunds. It is anticipated this process could take until the end of March.
• The FFR will only refund actual physical tickets that are returned.
• The FFR have indicated that all other tickets purchased by Irish supporters outside of the allocation given to the IRFU must contact their point of purchase directly in order to claim a refund e.g. tickets bought through travel agents or ticket sites must be refunded through those outlets.
• All match tickets will still be valid for the rescheduled game on Sunday, 4th March 2010. However, the FFR will not be reissuing tickets for the game, so they will not permit entry to the Stade de France unless the same match ticket is produced at the venue on the new match day.
Philip Browne, IRFU Chief Executive said, “While the timelines are not ideal for supporters, we have pushed hard to get this undertaking from the French Federation to refund ticket costs for Irish supporters who are unable to attend the rescheduled match. The team, and the IRFU, hugely appreciate the effort and expense Irish Supporters went to in order to be at the match and we hope this gesture will go some way towards making up for the inconvenience they suffered”.